About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 80 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Associate Producer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Help drive the development of a game title from production to initial product release to iterative updates, with an eye towards meeting defined budgets, schedules and quality targets;
- Partner with the Senior Producer, Directors and Team Leads to communicate a clear vision for the product;
- Work with the Senior Producer to create milestone schedules and ensure daily tasks are in line with the product vision;
- Support the producer in driving the product quality and enable the team to do great work with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for quality;
- Work with Senior Producer to define and maintain project pipeline application;
- Coordinate communications between the different teams inside the project;
- Ensure transparency and high quality in all forms of project communication;
- Address difficult team situations (conflicts, communication issues, etc.) and take the actions necessary to resolve them;
- Communicate vision across all disciplines, evangelize the ‘why’ of how those features fit into that vision and ensure the best quality game is achievable within constraints;
- Facilitate / run daily stand ups;
- Proactively assess and identify risks, mitigate them early and communicate both issues and proposed solutions clearly;
- Report to the Senior Producer with project management documents including Disciplines/team status reports;
- Retros/post-mortems and compiling of historical information;
- Interface with publishing or other business partners on milestones and other deliverables, as needed.
- Must have minimum 2 years of relevant game production experience, with at least 1 shipped title, in a Production or Project Management capacity;
- Well-versed in project management practices and software packages, ideally with JIRA (Atlassian);
- Strong scheduling and documentation skills, as well as, the ability to understand the technical side of the work involved (or willingness to learn);
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative;
- Must be a Self-Starter;
- Well-organised and maintains high standards even under pressure;
- Logical thinker and solutions-driven;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, autonomy, and ownership of your projects;
- Waterfall and Agile software development practices.
- PMP, CSM or CAPM certification an asset;
- Live-ops and games as a service experience is an asset;
- Strong interest in video games.
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 6 weeks vacation including a paid annual week-long company trip
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.